Creative/Outdoorsy preschool teachers!
We are a central Austin, well established preschool seeking to hire the right teacher for our 3.5-5 year old class. This class is located on 6 acres on a preserve in Northwest Austin. The shift begins at our Hyde Park location, and buses out to our school in the woods and back each day. The shift hours are 8:30 to 5:30, with a lunch break.
We are a fun loving, play based school that values creativity, compassionate discipline and lots of unstructured play time outside. We offer more paid time off than many schools, approx 5 weeks total, not including PTO time accrued. One week at Thanksgiving, two weeks winter break, one week spring break, 3 of AISD floating holidays, Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day!
In order to be considered for hire you must have:
- A Cover Letter
- experience in child care
- some credit hours in early childhood (or willing to enroll as soon as possible)
- ability to spend a majority of teaching time outdoors
- friendly, easy going attitude and ability to work in a team of teachers
- cpr/first aid (will provide if necessary)
- reliable/ professional/ self initiator
- ability to receive feedback and be a lifelong learner
- knowledge of age appropriate behaviors and discipline.
- a fun, creative work environment
- competitive pay based on experience and education (from $12 to $16 an hour)
- Retirement account with matching contributions after 3 years.
- Health Insurance (school pays half of basic, monthly premium)
- paid time off after probation period (one week at Thanksgiving, 2 weeks at holidays/ one week at Spring Break/ accrued PTO/sick time, approx totaling 4 weeks paid time off per year)
- access to full early childhood scholarships/grants/income supplements
If you are interested, please email a resume with a cover letter specific to this job. Applicants will not be contacted without cover letter. We will begin interviews and in-person applications next week and the position begins one week after hire/training.
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour