The 3-year-old Lead teacher is responsible for all aspects of the care & education for the children enrolled in his/her class. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following: physical caregiving, developmental assessments, developing and following an age appropriate curricular plan and lessons, maintenance of assigned physical facilities and facilitation of supportive relationships director, co-workers, parents, and students. The infant/toddler teacher is accountable for knowing and following all state licensing requirements, as well as the Texas Child Care Center Minimum Standards.
- Ensure the safety of each child enrolled in the class whether in the classroom, on the playground, or in common areas.
- Maintain regular observation and evaluation of children's development and progress as directed by administration.
- Maintain portfolio for each student.
- Complete weekly lesson plans, goals, and newsletters.
- Accept and maintain responsibility on a daily basis for the ordered arrangement. appearance, decor, and cleanliness of the learning environment of the classroom.
- Plan and implement age and developmentally appropriate classroom practices that will include the areas of physical, emotional, social and cognitive needs of the young children.
- Serve as a role model for the children in the areas of attitude, speech and actions on a daily basis.
- Treat each child with dignity and respect for his/her cultural background.
- Encourage children's development in the areas of building self-confidence, problem solving, and taking responsibility for their actions.
- Interact with each child on a daily basis through circle time, centers, snacks, lunchtime, playground, free play, etc.
- Required to work an All-Year-Round schedule (with a vacation period available per year).
- Maintenance of assigned physical facilities.
- Monday-Friday schedule (or modified schedule to ensure completion of required hours)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $10.00 - $15.00 per hour
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- preschool: 1 year (Preferred)
- Early Childhood Education: 1 year (Preferred)