Kiddie Academy of Round Rock Child Care Center is hiring Lead Teacher Preschool to add to our growing team.
To apply and for immediate interview, visit us at 5080 North A.W. Grimes Blvd, Round Rock TX 78665. For more information about us, check out our website at http://www.kiddieacademy.com/round-rock
- Competitive pay
- Paid Holidays, and Paid Time Off accrual
- Paid training and time for professional development including CPR and First Aid
- Company sponsor Health and Dental Insurance
- Company sponsor 401k Retirement plan that match up to 4% of salary.
- Generous Employee Child care discount
- Education Assistant Program for CDA or Early Childhood Education.
- Must have Formal Education in Early Childhood Development, CDA, Associate/Bachelor’s Degree in ECE or related field
- Must have reliable transportation to work
- Must have satisfactory background check from Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
- Must be able to supervise children without any assistance
- Must able to lift 40 pounds on a consistent basis throughout the workday to at least chest high
- Maintains CPR and First Aid Certification and Transportation Training as required by state or local regulations
Responsible for the daily planning, management, and supervision of the classroom and children and follow the curriculum and schedule of Kiddie Academy. Generally, Lead teacher is assisted by an assistant in the classroom.
- Ensures that appearance, cleanliness and safe environment of classroom are appropriately maintained.
- Completes all academy and classroom paperwork: for example, daily notes, student accident reports, attendance reports.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, academy events, and parent meetings, as requested.
- Assists and supervises children during all activities.
- Counsels children when social, academic, or adjustment problems arise.
- Prepares and implements classroom lesson plans, program, and schedule.
- Develops, plans, and prepares instructional aids / materials for classroom activities.
- Assists children with meal times and clean-up.
- Ensures that all classroom and outdoor equipment are in good working condition and are used and maintained properly.
- Physically arranges the classroom into well-defined interest areas.
- Directs activities of other staff in the classroom to ensure that the classroom functions in an orderly manner.
- Communicates appropriate information to parents; maintains developmental profiles for children.
- Schedules and conducts parent and teacher conferences throughout the year.
- Maintains family information board and other classroom bulletin boards.
- Ensures that classroom medication schedule is followed.
- Accepts temporary work assignments in the event regularly scheduled personnel is not available: for example, may answer telephones at front desk, or may assist supervisor with bookkeeping tasks.
- Assists with planning and implementing academy-wide events.
- Meets with prospective families; communicates appropriately with potential new customers.
- Assists in evaluating personnel within the classroom.
- Schedules field trips and speakers for monthly programs as directed by management.
- Prepares classroom portion of monthly newsletter.
- Performs other similar or related duties as necessary.
Pay: $11.00 - $15.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Early Childhood Education: 1 year (Preferred)
- Associate (Required)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- CDA (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible